Early stage valuation
They say valuation can be as much an art as a science, and there is definitely a psychology at play during capital raising negotiations.
As a startup founder looking to raise capital, you should pre-arm yourself with an indication of a reasonable valuation. By having an operating range of valuation, you’ll have a degree of comfort as a base to negotiate from.
We work with Equidam, a leading startup valuation provider, to offer this service to you. It includes:
- Reviewing your existing financial model (contact us if you need help building one of these)
- Access to the most complete startup and private company database of comparables in the world, with more than 30 million data points across 78 countries
- An independent 16-page 5-valuation method report, including detailed business information, financial projections, valuations with parameters, and supporting explanations
- Discussion before/during/after preparing your report
- Reworking the report within three months if necessary
We find that in some cases, the report can be useful to share with potential angel investors (and their non-startup accountants) who have less experience in investing in early stage startups.
The effort required to complete these valuations can vary according to their complexity. Please get in contact for a fixed quote based on your circumstances.